Hi all! Your friendly neighborhood Buckster again here, and feeling
nice and perky too, I must say! My guess is that it's because (drum
roll please...) I'm 100% OFF the Morphine now! Yaaaaaay! I was
real glad that it got rid of the pain in my leg from the clot, but boy did
it make me loopy and out of it. I much prefer a clear head to think
with. It's good to be back! My leg is just a little sore, but
it's NOT pain. No way could I describe it as painful. It's
I got my blood drawn again on Wednesday, 3-6-02, and the place was empty
except for me and the nurse, so I was only there about 5 minutes, and
nothing really special or funny happened this time to relate to you
all. They called me later about the Coumadin levels and said that
they were a little low, so I should take 7.5mg on Wednesday and Saturday,
and the regular 5mg the rest of the days, till my next blood draw on the
following Wednesday, 2-13-02.
Also next Wednesday, I get my 4th chemo treatment. So far, I've
managed to have fun every time I go for one, and I expect that this time
will be no different. It gives me a chance to interact with lots of
doctors, nurses and other patients, which always seems to yield some
laughs, so I always look forward to it.
Speaking of laughs, I just finished another cartoon that might put a smile
on your mug... Hahaha! (it put one on mine!). Just click on this
thumbnail to see the full-size toon:
Anyway, other than that, I haven't been doing much at all really.
I've sent a few more emails to Cathy from various email addresses I have,
but can you believe it? She hasn't even responded once! I'm
starting to think the romance has gone out of our relationship, ya
know? LOL! Thanks to all of you that sent her a nice
"Thank you" note as well, with my letter as the body.
Hehehe... I've decided to forward all my SPAM to her from now on,
till she shuts down that email address completely. I mean, it just
seems such a shame to simply throw it all away after they worked so hard
to compose it and send it to me. And besides, I'm sure she can use a
closet full of Viagra, right? Call it one of my new hobbies.
Well, that's about it for now. I feel great, and everything's cool
for now. I'll be back after my chemo on Wednesday to let you all
know how it went. Till then, here's some real doctor's notes someone
emailed me a couple of days ago. Makes ya think... (I think I
shoulda gone to medical school!!)
- Patient has two teenage children, but no other
- Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side
for over a year.
- On the second day, the knee was better, and then on
the third day it disappeared.
- The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She
also appears to be depressed.
- Discharge status: Alive, but without my permission.
- Healthy-appearing decrepit, 69-year-old male,
mentally alert but forgetful.
- The patient refused autopsy.
- The patient has no previous history of suicides.
- Patient has left white blood cells at another
- Patient's medical history has been remarkably
insignificant with only a 40-pound weight gain in the last three days.
- She is numb from her toes down.
- Occasional, constant, infrequent headaches.
- I saw your patient today, who is still under our car
for physical therapy.
- Skin: somewhat pale but present.
- The patient has been depressed since she began seeing
me in 1993.
Next: COP Four